Yesterday a non vegan friend of mine mentioned he had French toast for breakfast. I thought to myself “why can’t I have some French toast?!” It turns out I can and now so can you, all you need are some kitchen staples and a rumbling stomach in waiting.
- 1 1/4 cups soy milk
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 loaf of bread, thickly sliced (any kind you like, I used sourdough)
- Pour soy milk and flour into a mixing bowl and stir with a fork until only small lumps remain.
- Stir in sugar and cinnamon.
- Soak the bread in the batter for about 5 minutes, two slices at a time. In the meantime, heat a thin layer of olive oil in a frypan.
- Carefully add the bread to the frypan and cook on high until one side is golden. Flip and cook until the other side is golden as well.
- Once cooked, serve your toast with whatever accoutrements you desire such as golden syrup or facon.