There are a million possibilities when it comes to pasta. However when you’re vegan, these options can be severely limited. With more and more new dairy alternatives popping up, the standard tomato pasta sauces a thing of the past and rich, creamy sauces are becoming easier to create!
- Olive oil
- 1/2 kent pumpkin, deseeded, skinned and cut into small cubes
- 4 spinach leaves, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 375g packet of spiral pasta (I use vegeroni)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 carton Soyatoo Cooking Cream
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Cheezly (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Spread pumpkin cubes on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave vegetable steamer, cook the spinach for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, fry the onion and olive oil in a frypan.
- Once the onion is translucent, add the spinach, Soyatoo and cornflour. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Once your sauce is ready, serve out your pasta. Top with creamy sauce, pumpkin, cashews and grate a little Cheezly on top.