Makes 2 jars
I had a very wholesome weekend, predominantly filled with cleaning and cooking. I recently bought a friend an awesome jam making set for her birthday and since I had a bunch of figs in the fridge, I decided to give it a try! I’ve never been a huge jam person but somehow when you make it yourself it is incredibly delicious!
- 3 cups roughly chopped figs (size depends on how chunky you want the jam to be)
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon all spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- In a bowl, combine figs and sugar.
- Juice the lemon then cut the rind up into large chunks. Add this to the fig mixture.
- Mix through the all spice and cinnamon.
- Cover the bowl and leave aside for 3 hours.
- In a large saucepan, stir through the arrowroot powder and slowly bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, cook on a medium-low heat for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- When the mixture has thickened, take off the boil and transfer to jars.
- Allow to cool for a while before transferring to the fridge.
- Serve on toast or scones!