One of the most common questions I get from people regarding my veganism is “don’t you miss chocolate?” When you can eat these Triple Chocolate Brownies, missing chocolate is near impossible! I’ve tried many vegan brownies in my time but I until now I had only made them once myself from a recipe. They were delicious however I thought I would try my hand at making my own. This recipe is particularly awesome as you probably have most of these items in the pantry and if you don’t, they’re only a supermarket trip away!
These brownies are so delicious, that somehow my brother’s puppy managed to jump up on the kitchen counter and take several bites out of them while I wasn’t looking! I was worried the chocolate would make her ill but she is perfectly fine.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate (I use Sweet William)
- 1/2 cup chopped milk chocolate (I use Sweet William)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (I use Whittaker’s)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a square tin with oil and baking paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, sugar, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
- Gradually mix in the soy milk, oil and vanilla until a smooth batter is formed.
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate before pouring evenly into the tin.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate bits on top and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin and cutting evenly into small squares.