Difficulty: Super Easy
Recently it was my niece’s first birthday party and I was in charge of catering, of course! I decided to veganise some classic party recipes and this one was obvious. Traditionally, chocolate crackles are made with cocoa and shortening but I decided to make them more delicious by using real chocolate, white and dark. If you would like to make the chocolate go a bit further, add some vegetable shortening. Needless to say, these went down a treat. A must to put on your radar for the next party!
- 5 cups rice bubbles
- 1 250gram block dark chocolate (I use Whittaker’s)
- 2 1/2 100gram blocks white chocolate (I use Sweet William)
- Place half of the rice bubbles in one large bowl and the rest in another.
- Carefully melt your white chocolate, I do this in the microwave but if you prefer another method, go ahead!
- Pour the melted white chocolate over one bowl of rice bubbles and mix until all the bubbles are coated.
- Spoon out into six patty pans.
- Repeat steps 2-4 with the dark chocolate.
- Refridgerate for at least one hour to set, but you should leave them in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.