I remember making these yonks ago and thinking they were dope as! I don’t even know why I hadn’t made them again until the other night but I think the next time will be much sooner. For convenience, I tend to use packet seasoning and sauces for this dish but if you want to be a bit more fancy, I’m not adverse to you making your own. By using the taco seasoning as a coating for the mock chicken, you get a really crisp and smokey flavour that is incredibly tasty.
- 6 taco shells
- 3 cups (about half a packet) soy nuggets, chopped in half
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 tomato, chopped into cubes
- 1/4 head of iceburg lettuce, shredded
- 1 packet taco sauce
- 1/3 block of Cheezly, grated
- Heat the taco shells in the oven until warm.
- In a frypan with a little oil, cook the soy nuggets until golden brown.
- Add the taco seasoning and continually stir until nuggets become crispy.
- Remove taco shells from the oven and stuff with lettuce and tomato.
- Carefully add the soy nuggets before drizzling with taco sauce.
- Finish with some grated Cheezly and serve immediately.
Special thanks to Elyse and Mountain Drew for being such good taste testers!