Mexican food is super tasty and although people seem to think it’s tricky to make vegan, it really isn’t. These mock beef enchiladas are delicious proof of that! As I’ve said before, I use store-bought Mexican stuff but please do make your own if you’re that way inclined. Make sure you serve with a big dollop of Tofutti Sour Supreme and guacamole (I’ll post my wicked recipe for that soon) for an extra tasty treat!
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups (about half a packet) beef-style chunks, cut into strips
- 1 bag enchilada sauce
- 8 tortillas
- 1/3 block Cheezly
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a frypan, toss the garlic and onion in some oil before adding the beef-style chunks.
- After stirring for a few minutes, pour in half of the enchilada sauce to coat the chunks.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Evenly spoon the beef-style chunk mixture into the tortillas and wrap each one.
- Place with the join facing down on a greased baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas before crumbling the Cheezly over the top.
- Bake in the oven until the Cheezly has melted.
- Serve hot.