Don’t let the taste fool you, this salad is so unbelievably easy to make! Everything can be tossed together in advance but make sure you leave the noodles til the very last moment or they’ll go soggy. Chinese Cabbage & Noodle Salad is the perfect accompaniment to any meal but especially a summer vegan barbecue.
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almond and pine nut mix
- 1 packet fried noodles
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the cabbage, spring onion, and nuts together in a large bowl.
- Mix together the vinegar and caster sugar until sugar dissolves.
- Add the soy sauce, sesame oil and olive oil to the vinegar mixture and stir.
- Pour the dressing over the salad before tossing through the fried noodles.
- Serve immediately.