We all know nachos are great, it’s a scientific fact. An unfortunate fact is that nachos can also be a calorie-fest. While the occasional Mexican fiesta pig out is definitely warranted, it’s nice to know that you can still enjoy nachos without the guilty “I just ate way too much” feeling afterwards. Baking tortilla chips is such a good solution to the corn chip dilemma and fresh avocado in lieu of guacamole means cutting out the cream substitutes!
- 10 tortillas
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Olive oil spray
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups of corn niblets
- 1 1/2 cup 5 bean mix
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and spray 4 oven trays with olive oil spray.
- Cut each tortilla into 8 pieces and lay out evenly on the trays.
- Spray with olive oil spray and sprinkle with paprika and salt.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until golden and crisp, be careful not to burn.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomato, onion, corn, beans, garlic, lime juice salt and pepper.
- Spread out the tortilla chips on 4 plates, leaving some space in the middle.
- Spoon the tomato mixture into the hole. Top with avocado and chilli.
- Serve immediately.