Difficulty: SUPER Easy
I needed to make a side salad to accompany my Eggplant Parmigiana but didn’t have many regular salad ingredients on hand. This salad is so simple but really fresh, light and a perfect accompaniment to a heavier meal. I’ve added my really simple Lime and Balsamic dressing, but feel free to add any dressing you like!
- 2 large handfuls of mixed leaves.
- 1 pear, thinly sliced,
- 1/2 lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seeded mustard
- Rinse the salad leaves and place evenly on a plate or platter.
- Carefully place the pear and cucumber on the leaves and sprinkle with the pecans.
- Whisk together the lime juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil and mustard to make the dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the top and serve.