Makes about 14 skewers
Some vegetarians and vegans are a bit freaked out by mock meat. I’m not. Some meat-eaters are freaked out by mock meat. My friends aren’t. I had them around recently to enjoy a vegan feast and these magical sticks went down a real treat. They’re great to serve with rice and/or salad for a meal or as finger food for a party.
- 14 wooden skewers
- One bag soy nuggets or mock chicken, thawed
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup granulated nuts
- 1 tablespoon chilli flakes
- Soak the skewers in warm water for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease a baking tray.
- Thread 4 to 5 pieces of mock chicken onto each skewer and lay on the baking tray.
- Spray with oil and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the mock meat begins to brown.
- While the skewers are cooking, place the peanut butter in a bowl and slowly pour in the coconut milk. You may want to add a little more or less to get the consistency you desire.
- Stir in the chilli flakes and nuts (save a few nuts for serving).
- Heat either in the microwave or on the stove top until hot.
- Remove the skewers from the oven and place on a serving tray.
- Pour the satay sauce over the top and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- Serve and enjoy!