Serves 2 (as a meal)
Yet another pizza idea for you to dive into, this tasty food disc will be sure to please the masses. Combining the delicious and tangy flavours of olives, semi-dried tomato and capers you can’t really go wrong (except if you don’t like those things, in which case it can go very VERY wrong).
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3.5 grams dry yeast (half a sachet)
- 1 1/2 cups fine Italian flour
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup semi-dried tomato
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup pitted or stuffed green olives
- 1 tablespoon mini capers
- 1/4 brown onion, thinly sliced
- A few basil leaves
- 1/2 block mozzarella Cheezly
- Start your pizza dough by mixing together the warm water and yeast until the yeast dissolves.
- Slowly sift in the flour while stirring constantly.
- Now add the salt and olive oil and bring the dough together into a ball.
- Place in a large bowl and cover with cling wrap. Leave to rise for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into something that somewhat resembles a circle.
- Grate 1/2 of the Cheezly and about 2cm in from the edge of the base, create a ring of Cheezly.
- Fold the edge of the base over the ring and press down to seal. This is to create the stuffed crust.
- Cover the base with a mixture of the tomato paste and tomato sauce before spreading the other ingredients out on top.
- Crumble the Cheezly over the pizza and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until it melts and the crust begins to brown.
- Enjoy piping hot.