Makes about 16
If you’ve never heard of s’mores it wouldn’t surprise me. If you’ve never heard of graham crackers it wouldn’t surprise me either. Now you’ve heard about both of them because you’re going to need to make (or buy if you can find ’em) some graham crackers in order to make this delicious American treat.
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Nuttelex
- 4 tablespoons agave syrup or golden syrup
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 packet Dandies marshmallows
- 1 block Whittaker’s dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, sugars, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Rub in the Nuttelex until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the syrup, milk and vanilla and mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll dough into a ball, wrap in cling wrap and chill for one hour.
- Remove from the fridge and between 2 sheets of baking paper, roll out to 5mm thick.
- Use something rectangular to cut out crackers (I used the base of a miniature grater).
- Bake for about 20 minutes until brown.
- Remove and leave to cool until hardened.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Lay one cracker face down and place 3 marshmallows on top.
- Place one piece of chocolate atop the marshmallow and place another cracker, face up, on top.
- Wrap with foil and repeat with the remaining crackers.
- Place in the oven for about 5 minutes until chocolate has melted.
- Remove carefully and serve hot.