I’ve never made polenta before but by golly I don’t know why, it’s so dope! This is a great salad that you can serve as a meal or as a side dish if you want it to serve more people. All your usual flavoursome suspects are there; basil, chilli and garlic, so you know this dish really packs a punch!
- 1 litre water
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chilli
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 handfuls mixed leaves
- 1/2 cup unsalted cashews
- 1/4 chilli, finely sliced
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Grease a square baking tray.
- Bring the water and polenta to the boil on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- After 15 minutes, lower the heat and continue to stir.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, chilli and basil and stir for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cover for 5 minutes.
- Pour the polenta into the baking tray and spread out evenly.
- Cover and allow to cool in the fridge.
- Gently flip the pan to get the polenta out on to clean surface. Slice into 12 rectangular pieces.
- Heat under the grill until golden, then flip and do the same on the other side.
- Combine the leaves, chilli, cucumber, onion and cashews on a serving dish.
- Place the polenta on top and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce.