Nothing screams winter like root vegetables and so I decided to whip some up to serve with pies that I had made. Beetroot, sweet potato, turnip and parsnips make this a winter delight to behold. The next day I popped the leftovers on some sourdough, covered with Cheezly and made an made a melt. I had a seriously bitchin’ taste situation going on there!
- 2 small turnips, cut into chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into chunks
- 1 medium sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 2 beetroot, cut into chunks
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C and grease 2 baking trays. Leave the trays in the oven.
- Fill a saucepan with water, add the turnips, parsnips and sweet potato. Keep the beetroot aside.
- Bring to the boil and par-boil until cooked but still firm.
- Drain the vegetables and place in a bowl, covering them with olive oil.
- Remove the trays from the oven and spread out all the vegetables on each tray. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake in the oven until crisp (about 15-20 minutes).
- Remove, sprinkle with salt and serve with gravy.