Makes 1 litre of dip
I hadn’t even heard of this dip until the other day but as soon as I did I set out to veganise it. It’s such an wicked contribution to any party or gathering because you can prepare it in advance, it only takes a jiffy to put together plus it looks impressive and tastes even better. You may want to double the recipe if you’re going to a larger gathering, it’s going to run out mighty quick!
- 1/2 can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 cup Tofutti Sour Supreme
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup grated vegan cheese
- 1/4 cup black sliced olives
- Layer One: In a small bowl, combine the refried beans and taco seasoning until well blended. Place into the bottom of a 1 litre dish and smooth out evenly.
- Layer Two: Blend together the avocado, garlic, lemon juice and 1/4 cup of Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese until smooth. Evenly spread onto layer one.
- Layer Three: Combine the remaining Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese and the Tofutti Sour Supreme until smooth. Lay on top of the guacamole layer.
- Layer Four: Simply pour in the salsa.
- Layers Five, Six and Seven: Add the lettuce, Cheezly and finish off with the olives.
- Serve with corn chips.