Makes 4 large fritters
It dawned on me recently that I didn’t have a whole lot of recipes in the Breakfast & Brunch section so thought I should add something to it. I think I’ve mentioned it before, but until recently I’ve really had a sort of corn phobia. I’ve overcome it and now really enjoy putting corn in a whole bunch of things! These fritters are a great served alongside a big breakfast or as a meal on their own.
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup creamed corn
- 3/4 cup corn kernels
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Olive oil for frying
- Handful of continental parsley
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside.
- Sift the flour and baking soda into a large bowl.
- Create a well and stir in the soy milk, creamed corn, corn kernels and garlic before crushing in the nutritional yeast and adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Chop the parsley and fold half into the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frypan on medium heat before adding half cups of mixture to the frypan.
- When the top bubbles, flip the fritters over and cook the other side.
- In a small bowl, combine the avocado, lime juice and remaining parsley.
- Serve each fritter topped with some of the avocado mixture.