You dudes have requested some Halloween treats and although it’s not a huge deal in Australia, it’s always fun to get a little spooky. The iconic Halloween pumpkin combined with my newfound love of baked donuts creates a sweetly spiced, chocolate dipped taste sensation that you’ll want to continue to bake all year round. For this recipe I’ve created a mixture of traditional donut shapes and bone shapes.
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 7 gram packet dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon Nuttelex, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- Spray oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons soy milk
- 1/4 cup Nuttelex
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 1/3 cup vegan chocolate sprinkles
- Warm your milk in in the microwave for a minute before whisking through the apple cider vinegar and setting aside for a few minutes.
- Pop the mixture into a large bowl before adding the yeast and melted Nuttelex. Allow to sit for a few moments before adding the vanilla, pumpkin and brown sugar.
- Sift in the flour and combine well in the bowl before tipping out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Knead with your palms for about 10 minutes until the dough is smooth.
- Spray a large bowl with spray oil and roll the dough around to coat it. Cover and allow to rise for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Punch down the dough and tip out onto a lightly floured surface. Give it another light knead for a couple of minutes before rolling the dough out to be about 2cm thick.
- Using your cookie cutter, cut your dough into shapes, placing them out 5cm apart on a tray. Cover and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
- Pop the trays in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes, until they’re lightly golden.
- Melt together the chocolate, soy milk and Nuttelex before sifting in the icing sugar.
- Dip each donut half way into the mixture before adding the sprinkles and allowing to set on cooling racks.