Since making my first dumplings a month or so ago, I’ve been itching to make more. I decided to bung a mock meat in this batch as well as pan-frying instead of steaming. You’re more than welcome to steam them if you’d like though and they’re not going to be any less delish.
- 16 dumpling wrappers
- 1/2 cup beef style chunks
- 1/4 bunch enoki mushrooms
- 1/4 red onion
- Handful of continental parsley
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Cut the beef style chunks, mushrooms, onion, and parsley into itty bitty pieces and place in a bowl.
- Lay out the dumpling wrappers on a flat surface.
- Wet the edges of each dumpling wrapper with water before adding a tablespoon of mixture to the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold the wrapper over so the edges meet and pinch gently before making little pleats to seal the dumplings.
- Heat the oil in a frypan before laying the dumplings gently in the pan.
- Cook until lightly golden on one side before turning.
- Serve hot with a mixture of hoisin and soy sauce.