When I think of classic BBQ food, my mind always runs straight to potato salad. It’s so easy to make vegan but non-vegans seem to think it’s impossible. I’ve added my own little twist to this salad in the form of several green ingredients (ingreenients?) Pickles add a little bit of crunchy sweetness, capers add little juicy bursts while the chives and parsley add extra flavour. I’ve also added some firm tofu in lieu of the egg and to add a little extra protein to the dish. Definitely take this one along to your next BBQ, your friends will thank you for it.
- 5 medium white potatoes
- 1/2 block firm organic tofu
- 1 375mL jar mayonnaise (I prefer Kingland for this dish)
- 10 sweet and sour pickles
- 1/3 cup capers
- Handful of continental parsley
- Handful of chives
- Wash the potatoes and cut into 2cm cubes before adding to a pot of boiling water.
- Once cooked but still firm, remove from the heat, drain and allow to cool in the fridge.
- Chop the tofu into 2cm cubes, and add to a large bowl with the potato before adding the mayonnaise.
- Cut the pickles into small pieces and throw into the mix along with the capers.
- Finely chop the herbs and fold through.
- Allow to chill until ready to serve.