Makes 2 ramekins
Only recently have I delved into the world of fennel and so far I absolutely adore it. Cooked or raw, it’s totally delicious and has so many bitchin’ applications. I’m also a sucker for a good dip, so I decided to throw the fennel in with some cannellini beans, rosemary and a few other ingredients to make a dope pâté. The best thing about this is that you can prepare it the day before and it’s going to taste even better than when you first make it. Perfect for the holiday season, it’s sure to be a hit at any festive gathering.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 bulb fennel
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup chicken-style stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Finely chop the onion and fennel before sautéing in olive oil with the garlic.
- After about 8 minutes, add the rosemary and cannellini beans and continue to stir for a further 5 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor, add the cashews and blend until smooth while gradually adding the stock, salt and pepper.
- Transfer to ramekins, cover in cling wrap and allow to chill overnight.
- Garnish with rosemary and serve with your favourite cracker.