Let’s face it, sometimes one teensy cookie isn’t enough. That’s why I made these chocolate chunk babies jumbo in size. I took these along to an afternoon tea with friends and they were a hit among the group.
- 2 teaspoons egg replacer
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 cup vegan margarine, I use Nuttelex
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cups caster sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 block Sweet William white chocolate
- 1/2 block Whittaker’s dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 150°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine egg replacer and water in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Next, beat in vanilla and egg replacer mixture.
- Sift in flour, salt and baking soda, combine well.
- While still in packets, bash the chocolate with a rolling pin to break them into chunks.
- Fold through the cookie mixture until well combined.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, roll the dough into balls and place on the baking tray. Nine will fit on each tray, spaced evenly apart.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookies have flattened and golden in colour.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes on the tray before transferring to racks to cool completely.