Rum balls are a traditional Christmas favourite but I thought I would flip the script on this treat and make them a little different. Adding cherry to this incredibly easy recipe means that you can whip them up in a jiffy and use them as snacks to please unexpected guests over the holiday season.
- 1 375 gram jar morello cherries
- 1 can Soymilke condensed milk
- 1 1/2 packets Nice biscuits
- 1 cup desiccated coconut (plus extra for rolling)
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- Strain the cherries really well to lose as much liquid as possible. Use a fork to press the cherries down and check for pips.
- Put the cherries in a food processor and pulse a few times before straining out more liquid.
- Crush the biscuits finely and combine the cherries, Soymilke, biscuit crumbs, coconut, rum and cocoa in a bowl, mix well.
- Scoop out heaped tablespoons of mixture and roll with wet hands to form little spheres.
- Roll in coconut and refrigerate until ready to serve.