It’s my first post of 2013 and believe it or not, I’ve never ever in my life made a baked cheesecake. Throwing a recipe together was pretty simple but the taste is far from it, pretty awesome actually. I’ve added a can of the Soymilke caramel to the mix but you’re more than welcome to make your own caramel if you’re not on a time crunch or can’t get access to it. I’ve got the baked cheesecake bug now, look out!
- 18 Digestive biscuits
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine
- 2 tubs Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese
- 1 300gram container of silken firm tofu
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons egg replacer
- 2/3 can Soymilke caramel
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a standard springform tin.
- In a food processor, whizz the Digestive biscuits before melting the margarine and adding it to the mix until it’s well combined.
- Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the tin to create a base.
- Clean the food processor and add the rest of the ingredients, minus the caramel, until smooth.
- Pour majority of the cream cheese mixture into tin but leave a tiny bit in the food processor.
- Add the caramel to the food processor and blend. Pour on top of the cream cheese mixture and marble with a knife to evenly distribute the caramel.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour until the mixture has just about set.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 20 minutes before transferring to the fridge to set and cool completely (overnight is best).