Looking for a light meal or a great party dish? My ceviche recipe has you covered. The key here is using a firm yet ripe avocado, a mushy one is not going to do this dish any favours. You can serve your ceviche with whatever edible dipping device you like but since my health kick, I’m a big of cutting Mountain Bread into chip-sized pieces and grilling until golden.
- 1 firm ripe avocado
- 7 vegan prawns (I use Lamyong), defrosted
- 1/2 brown onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Red chilli (as much as you can handle)
- Sprig of coriander or continental parsley
- Juice of one lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Deseed and peel the avocado before chopping into bite-sized cubes.
- Slice your “prawns” into 5mm pieces.
- Chop the brown onion very finely and mince the garlic. Finely slice your chilli as well.
- Roughly chop your herb of choice.
- In a bowl, combine the avocado, “prawns”, onion, chilli, garlic and herbs.
- Cover with the juice of one lime and add some salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.