The weather is cooling down and my meal cravings have been leaning towards the more hearty side. The other day I kinda felt like chili but I also kinda felt like a mushroom so I thought I’d throw the two together. You could even do mini version of this with smaller mushrooms for a party platter! Yeah, that’d be super cute.
- 4 large mushrooms, washed
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne
- 4 tablespoons vegan sour cream (optional)
- Chives to garnish
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and set aside.
- In a fry pan, sautee the onion for a few minutes before adding the black beans and vegetables.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, brown sugar and spices. Combine well and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- If the mixture becomes too thick, add some water until you get the desired consistency.
- In the meantime, grill the mushroom for about 5 minutes.
- Fill each mushroom with chilli mixture and top with the vegan sour cream and chives.