Makes one and a half cups
For some reason, there seems to be bacon in just about anything lately. The thought of pig chunks in a cupcake is utterly repulsive but coconut in a cupcake sounds like a dream, right?! You can use these smokey bits in just about anything; salads, sandwiches and even desserts. Keep an eye out, I’ll be giving you suggestions for these babies over the coming weeks.
- 1 and a half cups coconut chips
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (I used hickory)
- 1 tablespoon vegan worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon coconut amino sauce (or soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Chuck the coconut chips into a an airtight container.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the coconut chips and mix to coat them well.
- Seal up the container and allow to marinate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight. Shake the container at regular intervals to coat the coconut.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Bake for 15-20 minutes, keeping a close eye on it and removing every so often to redistribute coconut.
- Allow to cool before using.