Typically Caesar salad is a non-vegan fat fest; full of cheese, chicken, bacon and smothered in a creamy, fishy sauce. This guy is full of tofu, veggies on a bed of kale with a tangy tahini dressing, so you know it’s bloody good for ya!
- 2 large kale leaves (you can use cos lettuce if you’d prefer)
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1/2 300 gram block hard tofu
- 1/4 cup coconut bacon (recipe here)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (I use Spring Gully)
- 3 pickles
- 2-4 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper
- Shred the kale and throw into a serving bowl. You can massage it if that’s how you like your kale but I prefer it as is.
- Cut the cucumber into slices and then quarter them. Peel and cube the avocado as well and sprinkle both on top of the kale.
- Thinly slice the red onion and spread over the salad.
- Cut the tofu into strips and lightly pan fry until golden. Arrange over the salad.
- Blend together the tahini, pickles, Worcestershire sauce, water and salt and pepper to make the dressing. Drizzle over the salad before finishing off with a bit of coconut bacon.