Winter was made for soups, casseroles and stews so warm up and make my take on the French Ratatouille. It’s pretty low calorie (under 400 for a huge serve), super filling and amazingly tasty. This is definitely one to keep on hand for a rainy day.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 zucchini, julienne
- 1/2 red capsicum, julienne
- 1/2 yellow capsicum, julienne
- 3/4 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- Fresh basil
- Heat the oil in a large frypan before adding the garlic and onion.
- After a minute or so, add the zucchini and capsicum before chucking in the chickpeas.
- Next, add the diced tomatoes, quinoa, water and stock cube and combine well.
- As the mixture comes to the boil, add the brown sugar, tarragon and marjoram.
- Simmer for the next 15 minutes or so until the liquid has been absorbed by the quinoa. Add more water if necessary.
- Tear up the basil and sprinkle over the top. Serve piping hot.