Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups
Pesto is one of my favourite condiments but it’s not often that I’m able to eat it at restaurants, even most of the store bought ones contain dairy. Screw that, making your own is so easy to do anyway, plus you can add whatever other ingredients tickle your fancy! I chucked kale into mine make it super green and give it an added health boost. The consistency of this pesto is more like a dip, so if you want it a tad more saucy, keep adding oil until you’re happy.
- 4 curly kale leaves
- 1 small bunch basil
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- Cut the stalks off the kale, tear it up and throw it into your blender or food processor.
- Pick the leaves off the basil, tear it up and pop it in there too.
- Throw in the lemon juice, oil, pine nuts and salt.
- Blend until you’re desired consistency, leave it kinda chunky if you want to use it as a dip.
- Serve however you please!