Desserts are kinda off the radar when you’re on a massive health-kick but with these mini tarts you definitely don’t feel like you’re missing out. The base is sorta chewy and then it’s filled with a creamy cacao centre and crunchy cacao nibs – a winning combination! I used itty bitty tart pans to make this but feel free to make one bigger one if that’s your thing.
- 1 1/2 cups cashews
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup light coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup raw cacao nibs
- Fresh raspberries to serve
- Soak the cashews overnight until soft. If you don’t have time you can boil them until soft however they will obviously no longer be raw!
- In a food processor, combine the dates, almonds, tablespoon of coconut oil and shredded coconut until well combined. Press the mixture evenly into greased mini tart pans (or whatever pan you’re using).
- To create the filling, pop the soaked cashews, agave, coconut cream, remaining coconut oil and cacao powder in the food processor and combine until smooth.
- Mix through the cacao nibs before evenly spooning into the tart tins. Pop a fresh raspberry on top and allow to set in the fridge before serving.