Asian soups are totally the best kind of soups and Vietnamese soups are the best kind of Asian soups. Well that was a mouthful! Speaking of mouthfuls, you should definitely get this amazing concoction up in your mouth ASAP. You can used canned asparagus if you want to but to be honest I think fresh is best for this one.
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 litre water
- 2 chicken-style stock cubes
- 2 bunches asparagus
- Handful baby corn
- 2 shitake mushrooms
- Half block firm tofu
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tablespoon vegan fish sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup water and cornflour in a bowl and mix well before setting aside.
- Add the rest of the water and stock cubes to a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Break the hard stalks off the asparagus and cut each spear into three pieces, cut the baby corn in a similar way before adding both to the saucepan.
- Thinly slice the shitake mushrooms and cut the tofu into .5cm strips. Add both to the pan.
- Next add the spring onion and vegan fish sauce.
- Once the asparagus and corn have started to soften, add the cornflour mixture and stir well. Allow to simmer until the soup thickens.
- When the vegetables are very soft, your soup is ready to serve!