I have become so bloody good at eating chilli that I am getting to the point where I want to chuck chilli in everything, it’s becoming absurd. What’s not absurd is this soup. This soup is great. As I said before, I’m going wild with the chilli lately so ease up on the chipotle if you can’t handle it. But I reckon you can, I believe in you!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1.25 litres water
- 3 beef-style stock cubes (vegetable will do)
- 3 chipotle peppers, chopped
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil before adding the onion and garlic.
- After a few minutes of sautéing, add the crushed tomatoes, water and stock cubes.
- Next, add the chipotle peppers and black beans before bringing to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- After allowing to boil for a 10-15 minutes, add the corn, capsicum and celery.
- Simmer for another 10 minutes before seasoning with salt.
- Serve hot with homemade guacamole.