I’m having fun with raw desserts lately and this is my latest venture. It’s kind of like a chocolate peanut butter cup but healthier and a little more substantial. You can use crunchy or smooth peanut butter in this one but I’m typically a crunchy gal. These are so fun for a little high tea or to take into work to impress your colleagues. If you can manage not to eat them all, that is.
- 1 1/2 cup cashews
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
- 1/3 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- Soak the cashews overnight or boil until they soften. If you choose the latter just remember it’s no longer raw!
- Throw the dates, almonds, first lot of coconut oil, cacao powder and shredded coconut into a blender or food processor. Combine until well mixed.
- Grease some mini tart tins and press the base mixture into each tin.
- Pop the cashews, peanut butter, agave, coconut cream and coconut oil in the blender and whizz until smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into the bases and sprinkle with some cacao nibs before allowing to set in the fridge for several hours.