Sometimes I’m like “you know what? I don’t want tomato sauce on my pizza, I just don’t, okay?!” and so I don’t, I don’t put tomato sauce on my pizza. I put PESTO on my pizza! This pesto recipe is super easy, super quick and super freakin’ tasty plus you can add whatever other antipasto flavours to make this pizza your ultimate fave.
- 1 homemade pizza base
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt to taste
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/3 semi dried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1 cup vegan cheese
- Prepare my homemade pizza base as per the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blend the garlic before adding the basil, pine nuts, lemon, olive oil and salt. Process to your desired consistency and set aside.
- Spread the pesto to the edges of the pizza base and add half of the cheese.
- Scatter the olives, semi dried tomato, capers and red onion onto the base and add the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until cheese has melted and started to brown.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.