I’m rounding off pizza week with this bangin’ Moroccan Chickpea Pizza with a yoghurty coriander base. I know that I’ve said in the past that I loathe coriander however I’m really trying to like it, okay guys? Anyway, this pizza actually tastes awesome with the coriander but you can replace it with continental parsley if you’d prefer.
- 1 homemade pizza base
- 1 cup plain soy yoghurt
- Olive oil for frying
- Handful of fresh coriander
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon Moroccan spice
- 1/4 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- Vegan cheese (I used walnut cheese but any will do)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander and lemon wedge to serve
- Make the pizza base as per recipe and preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat the oil in a pan before adding the garlic, chickpeas, Moroccan spice, sultanas and almonds. Cook for 5 minutes, always stirring.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the yoghurt, coriander and lemon juice. Set aside.
- Roll out the pizza base and spread out the yoghurt. Add the chickpeas, onion and vegan cheese.
- Bake for About 20 minutes until crust begins to brown.
- Add salt, a swirl of yoghurt sauce and serve with coriander and a lemon wedge.