Makes 4-6 (depending on size)
I recently got my hands on a waffle maker (finally) and am ready to take the waffle world by storm. Be prepared for an onslaught of sweet and savoury waffle recipes but for now, let’s start with the basic sweet waffle recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the soy milk and apple cider vinegar. Set aside to curdle.
- Sift together the flour, corn flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large mixing bowl and add the salt.
- Whisk the caster sugar and oil into the milk mixture before slowly adding the wet ingredients to the dry.
- Mix really well until very few lumps remain. If your mixture is looking too thick, add a little more soy milk or water.
- Pour the recommended amount of mixture into the waffle maker (mine was just under 1/2 cup) and cook to your desired colour is achieved.
- Remove and serve with whatever your heart desires!