Pizza is probably one of the coolest foods to ever exist because there are limitless options for topping combos. I was feeling in a satay mood so tried to think of other flavours that would lend themselves to satay, tofu and broccolli of course! I also got a pizza stone for my birthday so it was good to try that out, I need a little more practice though.
- 1 homemade pizza base (or storebought base, no judgement here)
- 1/3 head broccoli, broken up into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 block firm tofu (high protein works best for this one), sliced into three “steaks”
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegan fish sauce (optional)
- Squeeze lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup grated vegan cheese (use your fave melty cheese)
- Preheat oven to 200°C along with your baking tray or pizza stone.
- Blend together the peanut butter, coconut milk, soy sauce, vegan fish sauce, lemon juice and garlic until smooth and set aside.
- Heat a frypan with a little oil and cook the tofu steaks until golden on either side. When cool, slice into 1cm wide strips.
- Roll out your base and spread out the satay sauce evenly, leaving 1-2cm around the edge.
- Scatter a little of the vegan cheese onto the base before evenly distributing the tofu, broccoli and red onion.S
- Pop the rest of the cheese on top and bake until the cheese is nice and melted, about 20 minutes.