Makes one small jar
There are quite a few good vegan mayo option on the market and I use them on the reg but sometimes it’s fun to make these things yourself. I’m going to make some variations on this mayonnaise for future recipes so get the basics down now and you’ll know what to do later!
- 1/2 300g block silken tofu
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons xanthan gum (optional)
- Chuck the tofu and canola oil into a blender or food processor and blend until well combined.
- Add the salt, pepper, mustard, lemon, vinegar and optional xanthan gum (this will make the mayonnaise thicker).
- Blend again until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Transfer to a jar and allow to chill in the fridge before using.