OK I admit it, I’m a popcorn fiend! But why wouldn’t I be? It’s light, crispy and oh so easy to make, plus you can make it sweet, salty or a mixture of the two! These little popped corns no longer have to be viewed as a just treat for movie time or a children’s party snack, you can also create flavours that make them a classy and sophisticated delight. My Curry Spiced Popcorn recipe is flavoursome and packs a punch to spice up your next occasion.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Spray olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan on high. To test it’s the right temperature, add a popcorn kernel and see if it starts spinning. If it does, you’re ready to go!
- Chuck in the popcorn kernels and add the lid before giving the pan a bit of a shake.
- Continue to shake the pan well every 15-20 seconds, use a tea towel to stop burning your hands.
- Once the kernels are popping rapidly, turn the heat down and continue to shake regularly until the popping slows right down.
- Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, nutritional yeast, cumin seeds and salt.
- Spray the popcorn kernels with olive oil spray and evenly sprinkle the spice mixture over the top.
- Give the pan a good shake and serve immediately.