As much as I wish the weather would cool down, it ain’t and so I feel like I can still get away with this no-bake Lime and Coconut number (let’s face it- you can probs have it all year round). The creamy coconut cream based filling is very light and soft but would also taste fabulous if you put it in the freezer and removed it shortly before serving. You’ll need to ensure the coconut cream cans are refrigerated overnight but what I like to do is always keep a few in the fridge so I’m always prepared should there be a dessert emergency. Try putting this one together for your next occasion and trust me, it’ll be a hit!
- 1 packet Digestive biscuits (or similar)
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 x 270mL cans coconut cream (I use Woolworths Select)
- 1 tub vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Grated rind of 3 limes
- Juice of 3 limes
- Extra lime peel to serve
- Pop the coconut cream cans in the fridge, upside down for at least 24 hours.
- Grease a tart pan well.
- Chuck the Digestives and caster sugar in the food processor and blend before slowly adding the melted margarine.
- Firmly press into the greased pan, up the sides as well.
- Drain the liquid from the cans of coconut cream, you should be left with a lump of coconut cream in the bottom.
- Throw the coconut cream into the bowl of an electric mixer and whip for a minute or so before adding the cream cheese and icing sugar.
- Add the vanilla extract, grated rind and lime juice and whip a little more.
- Spread the filling evenly into the base and pop in the fridge (or freezer if that’s your jam) for at least 4 hours.
- Add the decorative rind and serve.