You know how sometimes you make something and you realise you’ve well and truly nailed it? This is one of those times. Each year I host an Easter lunch for my family, this year I whipped up this Raspberry Chocolate Tart for dessert and let’s just say I could be the favourite child right now. Sometimes you can catch raspberries on sale for about $5 a punnet but if you’re on a budget you can use less purely for decoration and get away with it.
- 1 1/2 packets Digestive biscuits
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2/3 vegan margarine (I use Nuttelex), melted
- 2 270mL cans coconut cream (I use Woolworths select)
- 1 tub vegan cream cheese (I use Tofutti)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 200g block dark chocolate, melted
- 3-4 punnets of raspberries
- Place the cans of coconut cream in the fridge upside down for at least 24 hours.
- Grease a quiche pan with spray oil and set aside.
- Chuck the biscuits, cocoa and caster sugar into a food processor and blend. Slowly add the melted margarine until evenly combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the greased pan and also up the sides. Make sure it’s firm, I use the back of a spoon to pack it down.
- Open the cans of coconut cream and drain the clear liquid from the top. You should have a hard lump of cream at the bottom. If it’s still a bit runny, leave it to get to room temperature and it should harden up.
- Pop the coconut cream, cream cheese, icing sugar an vanilla in a bowl and whip with an electric mixture until light and fluffy.
- Add the melted chocolate and whip some more until evenly distributed.
- Pour the filling into the crust and smooth on top.
- Gently pop the raspberries on top of the chocolate filling, pressing down lightly to secure them.
- Allow to set in the fridge overnight.
- Remove from the tin, dust with icing sugar and serve.