If we’re talkin’ tacos, I much prefer soft shell over hard shell because they’re easier to eat and don’t leave a big mess behind when they fall apart mid-bite. And if we’re still talkin’ tacos (and I usually am), these chorizo numbers are some of the best I’ve ever had. I like to keep it simple with some baby kale, avocado and a drizzle of lime mayo for good measure.
Note: If you’re after a soy-free option make sure your tortillas and mayo are free from soy.
- Smokey Vegan Chorizo (you’ll need all of it)
- 8 mini tortillas (store-bought or make your own using this recipe)
- 3 handfuls baby kale
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chop the chorizo into bite-sized chunks and lightly fry in olive oil until it darkens and the edges are crispy.
- After warming your tortillas, start to assemble your tacos with some baby kale, chorizo and avocado.
- Make the lime mayonnaise by whisking together the mayo and lime juice, drizzle over the top of the taco.
- Serve immediately.