I recently got a cast iron grill pan and couldn’t wait to cook with it. I decided to kick things off with these simple skewers in a tangy lemon, garlic and parsley marinade. If you don’t have grill pan, that’s ok, you can cook them in a regular pan or chuck them on the barbie.
- 12 mini wooden skewers
- 1 small block of firm tofu
- 12 button mushrooms
- 12 mini heirloom tomatoes
- 3 button squash
- 1 small red onion
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Soak the skewers in warm water.
- Cut the tofu into 12 2cmx2cm cubes.
- Remove the stalks from the mushrooms, cut each button squash into 4 pieces and cut the onion into chunks.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, brown sugar and parsley. Set aside.
- Remove the skewers from the water and slide a mushroom, tomato, tofu cube, chunk of onion and piece of squash onto each skewer.
- Add a little oil to your pan and heat on low-medium.
- Brush the marinade over the skewers and place in the pan.
- Turn them every minute or so, brushing on more marinade when needed.
- Once cooked, remove from the heat and serve immediately.