Blondies don’t seem to be as much of a thing here as they are in the US but I simply don’t know why. They’re the perfect treat to whip up at a moment’s notice with stuff you probably already have in your kitchen. I added jam (or jelly) to this one to add a little extra somethin’ somethin’ but you can leave it out and they’ll be just as awesome.
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a 10″x10″ baking tin.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the brown sugar and margarine.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla and almond milk and blend before sifting in the flour and baking powder.
- Continue to mix until a dough is formed.
- Press the mixture evenly into the pan and spread the jam on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan before slicing and serving.