Makes 4 Generous Serves
Pasta doesn’t always have to be smothered in sauce; sometimes simple, fresh flavours are all you need to create a bitchin’ meal that’s filling, simple and tasty. This little number has plenty of greenery due to the zucchini, pea and mint but also the fresh tang of fresh lemon to give this dish some extra zest.
- 1 500gram packet spaghetti
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1 small lemon, juice and grated rind
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegan Parmesan to serve
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions and
- While the pasta is cooking, in a large saucepan, heat some oil before adding the onion and garlic.
- After a minute, add the zucchini and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the peas, lemon juice, rind and mint and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the pasta and mix.
- Put the spaghetti into bowls and top with the vegetable mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and vegan parmesan.