If you’re like me, you probably have olives, semi-dried tomatoes and capers in your fridge at all times so whipping this dish up is a pretty simple exercise. The pan-fried capers add a little punch and with a sprinkling of my vegan parmesan, you’re good to go with this easy weeknight dinner.
- 1 500gram packet pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil (plus some extra for frying the capers)
- 1/3 cup baby capers, drained
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 cup semi-dried tomatoes
- Vegan Parmesan to serve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as per packet directions and drain.
- Add some olive oil to a frypan (about .5cm deep) and when hot add the baby capers. Cook until crisp and drain on paper towel.
- Toss the olive oil, lemon juice, olives and semi-dried tomatoes through the pasta.
- Serve with some vegan parmesan, salt, pepper and a generous serve of fried capers.