It feels like summer already in dear old Newy so some refreshing treats are in order. My favourite ice cream flavour is choc-mint so naturally when I got a popsicle mould my mind turned to how I was going to whip up a batch of choc-mint ice cream popsicles and by golly, I’ve done it! Harnessing the magic of whipped coconut cream and a few other ingredients, you too can enjoy these summer delight, even if you don’t do soy and/or gluten!
- 2 x 270mL cans full fat coconut cream (left in the fridge, upside down for 24 hours)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint essence
- 2-3 drops green food colouring
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup finely chopped dark chocolate (soy free if that’s your preference)
- Open up your cans of coconut cream and scoop out the cream into the bowl of an electric mixer, leaving the clear liquid behind.
- Sift in the icing sugar and whip on high until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the peppermint essence, green colour and almond milk and continue to mix until smooth.
- Fold through the chocolate pieces and pour the mixture into the popsicle mould.
- Add the sticks and the lid and pop in the freezer overnight.
- Gently remove from the mould and serve immediately.