Cookies are an excellent treat to bake for occasions because they’re easy to make, quick to bake and you usually have all the junk you need in your pantry already. These double choc legends are stuffed with delicious chunks of dark and white vegan chocolate for the ultimate cookie indulgence. Go on, make ’em.
- 1 cup vegan margarine
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup vegan white chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In an electric mixer, combine the vegan margarine, sugars and vanilla on medium-high until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and baking soda and continue to mix until a dough is formed.
- Slowly add the chocolate chunks and mix until well distributed.
- Roll the dough into 24 evenly sized balls and place at least 4cm apart on the baking trays.
- Dip the bottom of a glass in caster sugar and press down gently on each ball before baking in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely on the tray before serving.