If you add fruit to brownies it makes them healthy, right? Well, maybe not but these raspberry brownies are a decadent little treat for your next party or picnic. A nice, dense, chocolatey square with chunks of chocolate and fresh raspberries that just about anybody will love. They’re soy free too so that’s also pretty ace.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup chopped vegan chocolate (make sure it’s soy free)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line a 20cm x 20cm baking tin with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Sift the flour, cocoa and baking powder into a bowl and add the caster sugar.
- Slowly add the almond milk, canola oil and vanilla essence while mixing with an electric mixer.
- Finally fold in the vegan chocolate and 3/4 of the raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and scatter the remaining berries on top, pushing down a little into the mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before serving.